Active Release Techniques® are a patented, state-of-the-art soft tissue system, which treats injuries to muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves. Essentially, ART stretches, separates and releases these connective tissue adhesions allowing for an increase in your range of motion, flexibility and strength while also restoring vascular circulation.
Other ART specifics you should know…
- ART is a patented, state of the art soft tissue system/movement based massage technique that treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves.
- ART can help you when your scar tissue has been built up, muscles become shorter and weaker, tension on tendons cause tendonitis, and nerves become trapped. Some symptoms of overused muscles include reduced range of motion, loss of strength, and pain. If a nerve is trapped you may also feel tingling, numbness, and weakness.
- Headaches, back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, shin splints, shoulder pain, sciatica, plantar fasciitis, knee problems, and tennis elbow are just a few of the many overused muscle conditions that can be resolved quickly and permanently with ART.
- ART has been developed, refined, and patented by P. Michael Leahy, DC, CCSP. Dr. Leahy noticed that his patients’ symptoms seemed to be related to changes in their soft tissue that could be felt by hand.
- The treatment protocols Dr. Leahy developed — over 500 specific moves — are unique to ART. They allow providers to identify and correct the specific problems that are affecting each individual patient. ART is not a cookie-cutter approach.